This is a guest post by Kevin Moor. Kevin writes for datarecoveryreview.net/, a site featuring interesting and informative reviews on data recovery. Google Plus is the newest, big social network that has hit the web. It set all sorts of precedents, as record numbers of new users flocked to this site immediately after it first went live. This site continues to grow, and the recent addition of Google Plus business pages will just mean that more members will be joining this site. As Google Plus is a relatively new site, there are very few users that are experts on this site. Almost all users are new, and new users usually like to get a little help. The following 20 quick Google Plus tips are a great way to get started and become even better acquainted with this new site.
20 Quick Google Plus Tips
1. Mention other users in posts by using an “@” sign or the “+” symbol.
2. You can get permalinks for the posts on Google Plus by clicking on the timestamp.
3. Limit who you share with by selecting certain circles or even a particular person who will be able to see the things you post. This can help you keep certain things out of your mom’s or boss’ stream.
4. You can edit photos you upload through the gallery by selecting “Actions” and then “Edit Photo.”
5. Resize the chat box to make it less distracting by clicking and dragging at the corners.
6. Each post has options and “Mute” is one of them. If there is a post getting a lot of comments and you don’t want any more notifications about it, you can mute the post or more.
7. Social media is often about sharing and commenting, but there are times when you just may not that. You can disable comments or sharing on anything you post.
8. You can tailor how individual people see your profile. You just need to input the username, select the “Edit Profile” option, and then you can make special alterations that will appear only when that person views your profile.
9. Sharing videos, photos and more can be even easier. You just have to drag it from your desktop into the post box.
10. In the lower right corner of your screen on Google Plus, you can give feedback directly to Google if you have any problems with the site.
11. You don’t have to be on Google Plus to share something or get a notification. This feature has been integrated with Gmail.
12. When you have your Google Plus Home tab open, click the “q” key twice. This will allow you to start searching and adding people for chat.
13. From the side menu of the main page, click on “Sparks” to search for things that you are interested in and save your searches for the future.
14. If you want text in your post to be in bold, surround the word or words with asterisks: one at the front and the rear.
15. You can italicize words as well by putting the word you want italicized between two underscores.
16. To scroll up your stream, you can click the spacebar. Hitting shift at the same time as the spacebar will scroll up your stream.
17. Add links to the right side of your profile page. Just click the link and make sure that you link up to your other social media sites if you are trying to stay very connected.
18. It’s easy to change your settings, including your privacy settings. There is no obvious link, but if you click on the small gear icon in the top left corner, you’ll be in the right menu.
19. Google Plus is easy, but there are several Google Chrome extensions from the Google web store that can make it even simpler.
20. Invite your friends using the link on your home tab. This helps you build up your network and will make this site even more fun.
textbook rental says
You know it’s funny I have just started using twitter and not really figuring it out too well, and now I need to learn Google Plus. Thanks for the tips it should make it easier to get than twitter.