Want to access your Google Calendar events offline? Simple, all you need is to install the Google Calendar app, and you’re on your way to viewing calendars, responding to event invitations and more all without even having access to the internet. Your web browser will store your data on your profile when you are in the offline mode and sync it when you get back online. In this tutorial, let’s see how to access your Google Calendar events offline in Google Chrome.
Before getting started, ensure that you haven’t enabled the option to clear cookies when you close the web browser. To do this,
1. At the far-right corner of the Address bar, click the wrench icon and select Options.
2. Click Under the Hood and then click the Content Settings button.
3. If required, uncheck Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I quit my browser.
How to Access Your Google Calendar Events Offline
1. Click the gear icon and choose Offline from the dropdown menu.
2. In the Enable Google Calendar Offline message box, click Install from Web Store.
3. You’ll be taken to Chrome Web Store from where you can install the Google Calendar web app. Click Add to Chrome and then click Install.
4. When the installation is complete, the Google calendar app icon will appear on a new tab window. Click the icon to login to Google Calendar.
5. The Offline feature will not work if you are using Chrome in an incognito window.
When you click the gear icon again, you’ll notice that a green icon is displayed next to the Offline option. When your calendar has completely synchronized, the green icon will display a checkmark.
You are now ready to access your Google Calendar Events offline.
Points to note when using Offline
1. You cannot use Offline for multiple accounts. So make sure you are signed into the account from which you want to access Google Calendar offline. You can, of course, set up Offline mode for another account, in a different browser, say RockMelt, or Firefox, and you can read more about that here.
2. In the Offline mode, Google Calendar will be in the read-only mode. You cannot create, edit, or delete events. You can only view events and reply to existing invitations.
3. You cannot use Offline if you’re using another person’s computer, and that person has already enabled this feature. You will need to disable the existing offline feature to access it on that PC.
If you no longer want to use the Offline feature, you can disable it by clicking the gear icon and selecting Disable offline calendar. This will disable offline access and remove any data stored on your computer, but it won’t delete your events and other information from your calendar.