When you are preparing complex PDF documents, having a proper page numbering system is essential. If you don't use Adobe Acrobat but need a powerful tool to do the job, PDF Bates Numberer is a PDFware that’s worth taking a look at. PDF Bates Numberer (version 3.5) is a software application devised to add bates number to multiple PDF files all together at a time. Here’s a look at how this tool works.
PDF Bates Numberer lets you add page numbers to PDF files at the header or footer, to the left right or left of the document in just a few clicks. While this is a no brainer, there are times when you might end up with errors, and this usually happens when the PDF is locked. So before you get started with your page numbering, make sure that you don’t lock your PDF documents. And while you’re at it, keep in mind the following system requirements as well.
Minimum System Requirements
Most of these requirements are available on almost all modern day PCs.
- Windows operating system regardless of the version be it 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
- Processor of 1 GHz on the machine while the recommended is 2.4 GHz.
- 512 mega bytes of Random Access Memory(RAM) whereas the recommended is 1 GHz.
- Free hard disk space of 10 MB as the size of the software is only 5.4 MB.
How to Add Page Numbers to a PDF Using PDF Bates Numberer
PDF Bates Numberer is secured by two powerful anti-malwares, Norton by Symantec and McAfee SECURE. So you don’t have to worry about viruses, Trojans or malware hijacking your PC when you install it. Simply download the EXE file and run through the wizard to get started.
The Home page displays a series of quick links. Just click the Bates link to run the wizard. PDF Bates Numberer offers three different options to add page numbers to PDF files.
Produce PDF Bates Number for File Series : This option is used to generate bates number based on the combination of PDF file and its pages.
Print PDF : This is used to generate bates number on paper when you print it out.
Generate Bates Number : This option is used to generate page numbers on pages of PDF file.
Once you select an option and click Next you will be allowed to add files from different locations or select a folder containing all your files. You can remove or rearrange the PDFs in the order you want them numbered. If your file is encrypted, you can check the Remove Encryption from PDF File(s) checkbox at the bottom of the screen. Then click Next.
Ads by Google
In the next screen, you have options to format and provide additional details for the Bates number. There are two sections: Series for Files and Series for Pages and depending on your choice, you can give it a prefix and suffix, select the number of digits, a start and increment number and separator. At the bottom of the window, you can include additional text and define its positioning such as whether you want the text to be displayed at the top left or right or bottom left or right. Click Next.
In the next screen, select your Bates number placement, font and color, file name convention, and output location.
In the final screen, preview the page number style and format and if you are satisfied with everything hit Generate.
That’s it. The tool will add page numbers to PDF files in the queue with the desired numbering and place it in your output folder in a matter of minutes (depending on the size of the file).
Key Features of PDF Bates Numberer
Here’s another quick look at what PDF Bates Numberer can do for you:
- Add page numbers to PDF files in batches.
- Add page numbers based on the amalgamation of PDF files.
- Add add page numbers to PDF files when printing directly on paper.
- Remove encryption from PDF and add page numbers to it.
- Add prefix as well as suffix together with Bates number.
- Render several formatting options for adding page numbers.
- Choose the number of digits to be present in the Bates number.
- Define the starting Bates number.
- Set the number to increment the Bates number on each page.
- Define the font size of the Bates number.
- Modify the font color of the Bates number to make it more prominent.
- Customize the position of the Bates number to display either at the top left, bottom left, top right or bottom right.
In my use of PDF Bates Numberer, I found the tool to be very easy to use. There were plenty of formatting and customization options to get the desired look and feel for the page numbers. The entire process both for print and online was hassle free and quick.
If you do a lot of documentation work and need a tool to add page numbers to PDF files easily, check out PDF Bates Numberer. The full version costs $129, but you try out the tool before you buy it.
Ads by Google