Apple’s latest mobile OS, the iOS 7 received a rather lukewarm response when it debuted a beta version earlier in the year, but with a wee bit of fine tuning Apple has turned the tides in its favor. Most reviews are positive and the OS’s instant likeability means that Android users also want a similar look on their devices. With loyalty no longer a factor these days, you can simply head over to the Play Store, pick up an app, and get the iOS 7 look on your Android. The app, I’m talking about is called Espier Launcher iOS7 and its a feature-rich app that lets you experience the richness of iOS 7 on your Android.
Espier Launcher iOS7: App Review
Espier Launcher iOS 7 is absolutely free to download, so just head over to the Play Store and download your copy. When you launch the app, you will notice the Home screen displaying the Slide to Open icon at the bottom of the screen along with the battery icon, carrier icon, and other at the top.
Once you slide to open you are taken to the Passcode screen where you can set up the passcode from its numeric interface. After you input your passcode, you are taken straight away to the Home screen where you’ll notice all your app icons hosting a perfect iOS 7 look; be it in the animations or in the color scheme. You’ll notice the four basic icons (phone, messages, browser, contacts) fixed at the bottom of the screen.
Just as you would on an iPhone running iOS 7 you can swipe from the bottom of the screen or from the top to view additional options. For instance, swiping from the bottom will display the Settings such as WiFi, Bluetooth, Volume, and other options. In the Settings screen, you can scroll the bottom panel sideways to view all recently opened apps. Swiping from the top will display the Search box where you can type for anything you want to quickly bring up on your phone.
Espier comes with its own Settings icon that lets you set notifications, launch themes, view the online gallery and apply other preferences that include changing the layout, fonts, icon sorting, icon backing and more. But if you wish to activate further options for the selected app, just tap the app instead of the Delete button and you will be able to see options to hide, rename, lock and add a shortcut.
Deleting and grouping apps also follows the iOS style. For instance, when you long press an app, the entire icon screen start to jiggle and you can tap the Delete button at its side to uninstall the app.
The options to change the lock screen settings are unfortunately not a part of this app. You’ll have to install the Lock Screen App separately to change the respective settings.
Other Prominent Features of Espier Launcher iOS 7
- Dynamic clock and calendar icons.
- Dynamic color of the titles and the indicators based on the shade of wallpaper.
- Flawless widget support; You can have multiple widget pages (up to eight).
- Complete shortcuts management.
- Dozens of options to use widgets such as to use widget pages or not; to show all widgets in one widget page or use multiple widget pages; to show widget pages along with icon pages or show the widget pages separately.
- Powerful customization of icon layout; You can customize the icon size, icon layout (columns and rows), the size of icon title, and the color of the title.
- Unique multi-language support.
- AppHub folder reminds you the update of your apps in time.
- Design icon by yourself; you can apply one design to a specific category of icons, not only one icon.
- Hide and/or lock icons.
- Dozens of themes.
- Dozens of plugins (more and more) available to extend the functions.
- Badge icons if you use Espier Notifications plugin.
- You can get your favorite wallpapers and icons from Online Gallery easily.
If you want the iOS 7 look and feel for your Android, give Espier Launcher a try. The biggest disappointments I have seen so far is the requirement to pay for certain licenses and tasks and its limited functionality on devices that come with their own skins particularly the HTC Sense.
Have you got the iOS 7 look on your Android? What do you think of Espier Launcher?
Download link: Espier Launcher iOS 7