There may be times when you need to do some quick calculations with dates such as how many days old you are at the moment, or how many days until Christmas, or what day falls 100 days from today. Whatever be your need, you can make use of the everyday tools to find the answers you need. If you are using Microsoft Excel, that should suffice, or you could use the default calculator that comes in Windows 7 or Windows 8 to perform date calculations. Additionally, you could simply Google for the answer. In this post, we’ll show you how to calculate days between two dates using these tools.
How to Calculate Days Between Two Dates in Excel
Let’s take a simple example to illustrate the scenario. Let us assume that today is 13th Jan 2015. You have planned to take your annual vacation on the 3rd of September and want to know how many days are there until your vacation. To calculate days between two dates in Excel:
Open up an Excel worksheet and enter 13-Jan-15 in column A and 3-Sep-15 in column B. In column C, type=B1-A1 to get the net days as 233.
How to Calculate Days Between Two Dates in Windows Calculator
To calculate the days between two dates in the Windows Calculator:
1. Open the Windows Calculator. In Windows 8, go to the start screen and type calculator. You can then select the calculator from the search results.
2. In the calculator, click the View menu and select Date Calculation. Alternately, you can use the shortcut Ctrl+E.
3. The dropdown in the right extension of the calculator lets you calculate the difference between two dates as well as the options to add or subtract days to a specific date. Choose the first option if it is not already selected.
4. Click the Calendar icon in the From section and select 13-Jan-15. Similarly, in the To field, click the calendar icon and select 3-Sep-15.
5. Click Calculate to get the difference in months, week and days.
How to Calculate Days Between Two Dates Online
You can also make use of several online tools to calculate the days between two dates.
1. Just open up Google and type date calculator
2. Choose one of the online date calculator tools from the search results and follow the instructions on the page to get the results. Here are some of the online tools that can help you out.
That’s it! Make use of these everyday tools to quickly calculate days between two dates.