Social Networking Sites (SNS) have become a rage. When they were introduced, not many users liked the idea of networking through such websites. Ironically, over the years, world over, the popularity of such sites has grown leaps and bounds. Facebook is regarded as one of the best SNS’s to keep in touch and stay connected with friends, family and the rest of the world. Many users log on to their Facebook accounts through mobile phone apps on the Android and Apple platform. The Facebook Share button which is more than just popular and widely used on the SNS was not included in the mobile website version of Facebook.
iOS and Android Facebook Share Button
Facebook mobile users can heave a sigh of relief as there is good news coming their way. After countless requests and an endless wait, Facebook Mobile app has finally made it official that it will include the Facebook Share button. This will be made available for Apple and Android users. This feature is currently available in the desktop version of Facebook. With this feature, users will be allowed to share images, posts and statuses of other users by simply clicking a button.
Facebook mobile users went on record admitting that once this feature is include this app will become more than just complete. This share feature on the Android and iOS app will work the same way as it does on Facebook’s official website. Once you fire this app on your mobile phone, you can log on to your account and on your wall below your list of posts, you will find that the ‘Share’ button sits next to the ‘Like’ and ‘Comment’ buttons. Thus, making it no different from the desktop version.
This feature has been long requested for by many Facebook fans. It is believed that Facebook had never given it a serious thought to add the ‘Share’ button to their mobile apps. However, it is better late than never that Facebook has given in to the millions of requests that it was flooded with to include this ‘Share’ feature.
One of the reasons why probably Facebook has considered adding the ‘Share’ feature is because of the advantages people can get by using it. In no order of importance a few of them have been discussed.
- If increasing traffic to your website or blog is on your mind through Facebook, you can use the ‘Share’ button to help divert traffic to the respective web page.
- The ‘Share’ button allows you to go a step ahead in spreading the awareness among other Facebook users. Click on the ‘Share’ button, and you can have on your wall the image or post that you wish to share.
- If you wish to spread news about almost anything in your personal life or in your business, the ‘Share’ button is one of the cost-effective ways that can help.
- Unlike the ‘Like’ button, the ‘Share’ button goes a long way in attaching an affinity score to the images or posts that are shared.
- Additionally, shared posts and images carry a higher weight score.
- Content, images or posts can be shared on Facebook the user-friendly way. You do not have to possess any technical knowledge to use the ‘Share’ button on Facebook.
Apart from these, there are many other advantages users can enjoy while using the Facebook Share button. To add on to their joy, users can use this feature from their Android or Apple apps in the future.
Author Bio: This is a guest post by Samantha Kirk of mytechhelp.com, a site that offers savings and current information on Remote Tech Support.