Android and iOS gadgets are not particularly known for being able to share files between them. However, with the help of some clever applications, file sharing between Android and iPhone is possible. In this post, lets take a look at apps that make file sharing between Android and iPhone easy and fun.
Apps for File Sharing Between Android and iPhone
Bluetooth technology has the ability to transfer files, but this does not mean that you can use it without having a special facility implemented on your phone. iPhone, for instance, has built in Bluetooth, but sharing files using this technology is limited to its operating system. In order to safely transfer files from an Android phone to an iPhone and vice versa, you need to install a special app on both of them. This app is called Bump, and it uses Bluetooth to transfer files between the two different operating systems.
Here is how you should use Bump:
- Have the app installed on both phones.
- Make sure it is launched.
- Select the category of file you want to transfer from one phone to the other.
- Select the exact file you want to transfer.
- Hold the two devices within one feet range from one another and shake them gently; the two devices will identify each other through Bluetooth and the transfer can be initiated.
- Click ‘Accept’ in order to receive the file that must be transferred.
Hoccer is a free app for Android and iOS powered devices, that allows transfer of files between the two different operating systems. A great feature of this app is that it allows you to transfer any type of media files you want from your phone to one or more devices in the same time. It is also very convenient and easy to use.
Main features of Hoccer:
- Allows transfer of files between Android phones and iPhones
- Allows sharing of files, audios, videos, texts, links, bookmarks and so on
- Allows transfer of files from one device to more others
- No need for address input
- Ease of use
- No setup required
- No account required
There is also another possibility to transfer files between Android operated phones and an iPhone. You can use one of the following apps that allow transfer of files from your Android phone or iPhone to your computer and the other way around. By using your Mac or your PC as a third party in the transfer, you can move any files you want from one phone to another.
- Dropbox – this app was developed for both iPhone and Android phones and it does a swell job all around; Dropbox is actually a cloud storage service that allows the transfer of files from and to a computer, using nothing but your smartphone and this app
- SwiFTP – designed for the Android platform, this app is straightforward and simple; it allows you to access your phone contents from your network, using a FTP connection
- ReaddleDocs – designed for iOS, the app is ideal for connecting to any type of cloud storage service, such as Dropbox and start sharing files
About The Author
Russel Browne is associated with Exams Key. It provides comprehensive and cost effective MCITP Certification Preparation material. Let’s move ahead to take benefit of Exams key MCP Certification Preparation training material and clear your IT certification on first try. Check it out today.
Leave a Reply