Want to keep your readers up-to-date on your blog happenings? Easy, just create an Android app and share it with your readers. But wait! Isn’t that a long painful complicated process? Well, Not Exactly. I stumbled upon a couple of cool resources, which lets you build an app for your blog in a few minutes, for free. The first one is Free Blog Apps. This site allows you to create your mobile blog app for the android marketplace using your blog’s RSS content. It also allows you to edit the app and is compatible with platforms such as Blogger, Wordpress, Blogspot, Feedburner among others.
You can apply for listing in the android marketplace but your blog will be evaluated before being accepted for publication by the blog officials. Otherwise, you can do it yourself.
How to Create an Android App for Your Blog (Free Blog Apps)
1. Enter your blog’s RSS in the text box provided for the purpose and click Next.
2. In the Customize Your App page, enter additional blog details and click Finish.
3. On your Android device, Go to Settings->Applications and verify that the Unknown Sources option is ticked.
4. Use the options on the page to download the app. You could do a USB Computer Download, or do a QR code download. You can also share the app on Twitter, Facebook or your blog.
The only issue I had with the whole thing is that the app is ad- supported, but hey, you get to create a free app, so…
You can download theapptimes app here and let us know what you think of it.
The second resource is buzztouch. This site allows you to create an app for your iPhone and iPad, in addition to the Android.
How to Create an Android App for Your Blog (buzztouch)
1. Create and upload an icon for the app.
2. Upload an image to display on your app’s home screen.
3. Enter details about the app.
4. Add screens, content, maps, audio, video, sub-menus and other features to the app’s home screen menu.
The steps mentioned above are the basic steps to get going, but the site offers intensive customization options and is just a tad more tedious compared to Free Blog Apps. So, if you have a bit of time on your hands, and are looking for a more comprehensive app for your blog, you might want to check out this site.
If you haven’t created a mobile app for your blog yet, be sure to try out these sites. And if you know other sites that allow you to create apps for your blogs, share them with us using our comments form.