Let's face it. The stock ringtones on your Android smartphone aren’t that great. If you want to add your own ringtone, there are plenty of ways to do it. You could download readymade ringtone apps that offer clips from popular songs or you could create your own ringtones. In this post, we’ll show you a quick way to create your own ringtone from any music track you like or even record a ringtone of your own.
There are plenty of free ringtone makers available on Google Play and you can pick any one of them to get the job done, but for the purpose of this tutorial, we are going to make use of a really cool app called MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker to create a custom ringtone from a song stored on your smartphone. We’ll then show you how to set it as your ringtone.
Features of MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker
MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker has plenty of good features that make custom ringtone creation super easy. Here’s what you can do with the app:
- Do a live audio recording and trim it with MP3 Cutter to create your own ringtone.
- Create custom ringtones from MP3, WAV, AAC, AMR and most other music file formats.
- Cut your favorite songs and use it as your ringtone, alarm, or notification tone.
- View a waveform of your audio file at 4 different zoom levels. You can tap on a wave to start playing a song from that position.
- Use a touch interface to set ringtone start and end times or do them manually.
How to Create Your Own Ringtone on Android
1. Download MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker for Android from Google Play and launch the app.
2. On the Home screen, you’ll see options to Cut a song/music, Record and Edit and Saved Ringtones.
To Create Your Own Custom Ringtone by Cutting a Song
1. Tap cut a song/music.
2. You will see a list of all available music on your smartphone.
3. Select a song.
4. In the next screen, hit the Play button.
5. Select the start and end position of the song. You can do this by moving the top slider to the start position and bottom slider to the end position. Or, you can click the Start field at the bottom of the screen and manually enter the start timings. Similarly, you can click inside the End field to enter an end timing.
6. The Zoom in and Zoom out buttons at the top right of the screen will allow you to narrow down your start and end times more precisely.
7. Once you are satisfied with the ringtone, click the Save button at the top right of the screen.
8. In the Save As pop up, enter a name for your ringtone. From the drop-down list, select if you want to save the tune as a ringtone, alarm or notification and click Save.
The cut results are stored in "/mnt/sdcard/media/audio"
To Create Your Own Custom Ringtone by Recording Your Own Song/ Message
1. If you prefer to get a little more creative and come up with your own song, your version of a popular song, or just want to create a unique message, you can use the Record and Edit option on the Home screen.
2. This will take you to the Record Your message screen.
3. Hit the first button, start recording your music or message and when you’re done, click the Stop button.
4. Hit the Play button and check if your ringtone is perfect. If yes, click Done to complete the recording.
Now that you learned how to create your own ringtone, go ahead and have fun setting up your ringtone collection.
Leave a Reply