Android users who want to access Office documents on the go may have used applications such as QuickOffice, Think Free Office Mobile or other related apps. Here is yet another app, that’s available for free in the Google Play Store that lets you edit Office documents on Android. This one is called Kingsoft Office and is packed with a host of cool features which you are sure to enjoy using. Read on to find out more.
Features of Kingsoft
Kingsoft Office offers a whole lot of features to users for free. For instance, you can:
- View and edit DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, PPT and PPTX files
- View PDF files
- Organize your office document automatically using the office file manager;
- Open email attachments, edit and resend after modification;
- Access cloud storage
- Copy and paste between apps
- View and edit documents in two views page layout and web layout view
- View documents in full screen Reader mode as well as Edit mode
- Position the cursor within text using the magnifier
- View graphical objects
- Open encrypted files and save encrypted docs
- View headers and footers, comments and revisions in documents
- Adjust the paragraph indents and spacing
- Use Auto-filter and sort function in spread sheets
- Use formulas
- Display charts, graphs, and AutoShapes
- Freeze panes
- Play presentations
- Use laser pointer for presentations
- Display tables and charts in presentations
- And enjoy more cool features with every update.
Kingsoft Office has an intuitive interface that makes for a very comfortable viewing and editing experience. The main toolbar at the top of the screen brings you quick access to common editing functions such as saving, indenting, inserting, formatting, and so on.
How to Edit Office Documents on Android
1. Install Kingsoft Office for Android.
2. Tap the app.
3. On the toolbar, in the Open section, select All Documents, Folders, or Cloud Storage to open the document you want to edit. Tap to open the desired document and start typing away.
You can swipe the screen to switch between various documents. Once you’ve found the document you need, just click it to open it.
Kingsoft office supports Cloud Storage Solutions such as Box.net, Dropbox, and Google Docs.
The app is pretty straightforward to use and you should find all editing commands easily accessible from the toolbar.
To position the cursor, select, or copy text, long press the document to display the magnifier. Then just drag over the text you want to copy. The options to copy, cut, or share will become available.
While the editing options are not extensive as those you will find on the desktop application, the app does quite a lot for free and works like a breeze. That’s more than you’ll ever need for performing simple tasks.
So download your the app on your Android device, and you are on your way to edit Office documents on your Android device.
Download Kingsoft Office for Android.
Leave a Reply