When it comes to smartphones, people mostly concentrate on exclusive features, prices and other alluring technical specifications. Probably they don’t concentrate on the aspects and handling which will protect their phone from various mishaps in the long-term. Well, it is true that smartphone has opened a new door for using internet but somewhere down the line it brings lots of malicious URLs and sites posing serious threat to the security risk of mobile handsets, ultimately leading to various cybercrimes. This is exactly where you start thinking about antivirus as an inextricable of part of your smartphone. Here are some much needed tips to surf the web safely on your Android. Ironically people do not know much about cyber threats, but it brings similar threats that might be posed in the computer, in fact sometimes it becomes more critical than those of computers. In the case of mobile phones cybercriminal can use your personal details for their modus operandi and can trap you in unwanted scams. Hence, online security is very essential for the smart phone users.
Tips to Surf the Web Safely on your Android
Common threats and unsafe links
While browsing net you must be conscious about certain links which can affect the life line of your smartphone: 1. Malicious links: These links are pretty unsafe, as these sites are highly infected from viruses, spyware, and harmful malware. They are created by unwanted cyber agents, and crash your hard disk, memory, software and other sensitive part of your handset. 2. Phishing links: These links are very dangerous and is generally sent by e-mail. Phishing links are designed in such a way that they draw in all your personal details. 3. Compromised links: These links are reputed and legit website, which are attacked by the cyber criminals and are fed by malicious ads and codes. They are usually spam and post on the social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
Threats via operating system and browser
Cybercrooks are very active these days and this is reason, be it any operating system you are using on your smartphone, it is always suspected to some threats as they comes under the direct misuse and hacking. This unwanted stuff is mostly infused via flash player, PDF reader or image viewer and hence can hack all your important data, and download apps without your knowledge. A good anti-virus can block all these issues before any damages incurred in your phone.
Ads by Google
Damages occurred by downloads
Whatsoever you are downloading on smartphone, you may find a few website, which automatically download the infected application. These sites are basically spammed or some infected fun apps and directly get downloaded on your handset without your permission. Hence, you must make sure to download apps from the reputed and legit website.
Tips of surfing web safely
Whenever you surf web, you may take following precautions.
- The best way you can avoid the malicious item on smartphone is not to respond to suspicious mails and avoid clicking on any links.
- Sometimes to recognize phishing links is quite difficult, but here goes a secret. If you observe this links minutely, then URLs given on these sites are misspelled or indicates to a fake subdomain. Though, the simplest way to avoid this link to upload the anti-phishing antivirus app.
- You can check the browser address bar and ensure to use website to log in and beside this always use secured website. To identify, a legit website always begins with https://.
- Update all applications and operating system on your handset.
- Download all apps from the authentic website, for instance you can download apps from android market, app world, ovi store and apple store.
Author Bio: Tarun Jaitely is a freelance writer. He recommends you to check Tracfone for various promo codes.