Dropbox is undoubtedly the reigning cloud storage service provider. But SkyDrive has surprisingly managed to improve its services to the extent of taking second place in the fiercely competitive area of cloud services. If you are like me you probably have a cloud storage account in both Dropbox and SkyDrive where you store your music, photos, and documents. What if you want to access the same files both in Dropbox and SkyDrive? You will have to manually move the files from one cloud service to another, and that’s not really an ideal way to do things. Backup Box provides an ideal solution for such situations. In this tutorial I’ll show you how to transfer files between Dropbox and SkyDrive, the two most popular cloud services, but Backup Box offers more services too.
Backup Box Options
Backup Box is a simple web app that does a really cool job of helping you move folders from one cloud service to another. You can also schedule transfer of files on a hourly, weekly, daily, or monthly schedule. The services currently supported include FTP, SFTP, MySQL, Dropbox, Box, and SkyDrive with Google Drive, Amazon S3 and other popular services to come soon. SkyDrive transfers offer certain limitations in what can be transferred and how much can be transferred to its cloud storage. For instance, file types such as 3g2, 3gp, ai, bmp, chm, doc, docm, docx, dot, dotx, epub, gif, jpeg, jpg, mp4, one, pdf, png, pot, potm, potx, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx, psd, tif, tiff, txt, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, wav, webp, and wmv can be moved with a transfer limit of 300MB.
How to Transfer Files Between Dropbox and SkyDrive
1. Sign up for a Backup Box account. Just enter your email address and password to create your account.
2. In the What are you transferring from window, select the services you want to add.
3. Add the required credentials to authorize and connect to your cloud service accounts. Set up all services you require.
4. In the Backup Box interface, in the From section, click the Click to Connect button.
Ads by Google
5. In the What are you transferring from window, from the services you connected, select a service from which you want to transfer files. Your files and folders will now be displayed. You can click the Connected button to change the service provider.
6. In the To section, click the Click to Connect button and select the cloud service you want to move the files to.
7. Then select the folders you want to transfer and hit the Transfer button.
8. In the Transfer Confirmation window, click Finalize and Run.
You will receive an email message when the file transfer is complete.
Backup Box is worth a try if you want to access your files in multiple cloud services, although it still needs to match up to services like Otixo. Backup Box is free to use for 1 GB per transfer up to 10 transfers a month, and 1 transfer at a time . If you wish to transfer more files, you can try their basic and premium plans too.
What are your thoughts on Backup Box? Do you think it’s a better option when compared to Otixo? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Ads by Google