If you are a serious photographer or one who takes plenty of photos, then storing and managing them can sometimes become a headache. Cloud Storage services can come in handy in such cases, but they are usually not designed to exclusively handle photos. If you are looking for a more wholesome solution to manage your photos, consider the recently released Cloud Photo Backup tool PhotoKeeper.Uconomix Technologies, developers of one of the cool batch photo watermarking tools uMark that we previously reviewed are the brains behind PhotoKeeper.
Cloud Photo Backup Tool PhotoKeeper Review
PhotoKeeper is a smart cloud photo backup tool that lets you setup automated backups of all your photos (RAW files included) in a secure cloud environment. Users can upload photos from multiple devices including Windows and Mac desktops, iPhone, iPad and Android based devices and these devices can be linked to one account.
Once the photos are uploaded PhotoKeeper reads the tags and ratings that are applied to the photos either in the camera or on Adobe Lightroom and organizes them neatly by devices and folders and by the capture date. Users can also add their own tags and ratings to the photos. If the photos have geo data embedded in them, the app will display them on a map. PhotoKeeper also keeps a version history of changes made to the photos making it easy to see past versions of photos even if they have been deleted from the PC or smartphone.
As far as finding photos is concerned, you can search by folder, capture date or file names as well as by EXIF metadata such as by a specific camera or lens. You can also save your search filters for reuse later on.
If you want to share your photos with clients or others, you can create albums and send links to the albums for viewing. All albums are private, but you can still add a level of protection to them by setting up a password. Users will links to view these albums must use the password to access the account. Apart from sharing photos with clients you can also share individual images on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and 500px.
PhotoKeeper is particularly useful for professional photographers as the app allows client feedback via comments and annotations. This means initial photo proofs can be shared to clients via albums, feedback can be received via comments, changes made and the finalized photos can be delivered by enabling the Download option within the app. This seamless collaborative management with clients and easy transfer of images should save users plenty of time and hassle.
One of the coolest features of PhotoKeeper is dynamic albums. Dynamic albums are albums created using a specific search filter. Should you take any future images that match this criteria, it will be automatically uploaded to the respective dynamic album. A simple example is when you create a dynamic photo album of photos you gave 5 star ratings. Any future photos that you upload to PhotoKeeper with a 5 star rating will be automatically added to this album. This is a handy feature to have when you need to showcase your portfolio to your clients as your album will instantly give you the shots you need.
Key Features of Cloud Photo Backup tool PhotoKeeper
- Automated Backup: Lets you take automated backup of photos from your PC and mobile devices.
- Multiple Device Support: Has apps for Windows, Mac and Android and allows backup from multiple devices into one account.
- Single Point Access: Lets you access your entire photo collection from anywhere through a web browser.
- EXIF Search: Supports search based on EXIF data such as search by camera, lens, focal length, aperture, shutter speed, ISO and more.
- Timeline View: Lets you organize your photos by date taken and view them by year, month or day.
- Map View: Lets you find photos by location by viewing them on the map. This is possible thanks to the embedded GPS data in the photos.
- Private Albums: Lets you share photos with clients through private albums.
- Dynamic Albums: You can create albums based on search filters. Future image uploads matching the filter criteria will be uploaded to those albums.
- Client Feedback: Lets you get feedback and edit requests from clients via comments and annotations.
- Social Shares: Lets you share photos on multiple social networks in just a click. No more multiple uploads for each site.
PhotoKeeper offers 3 different plans for users.
Starter: This plan offers 200 GB space and is available at just $3.99/month or $39.90 a year. You can upload unlimited photos and connect up to 5 devices.
Premium: This plan offers 500 GB space and is available at $6.99/month or $69.90 a year. You can upload unlimited photos and connect unlimited number of devices.
Ultimate: This plan offers 1TB space and is available at $11.99/month or $119.90 a year. You can upload unlimited photos and connect unlimited number of devices.
All plans come with a month of free trial.
PhotoKeeper is a feature rich cloud photo backup tool that professional photographers will find value in. It not only makes storage and backup of photos easy it also makes downloads and transfers just as easy.
Leave a Reply