This post is a summarized collection of all the tech tips we shared last month (March 2015). Drop by our site anytime and check out the Tip of the Day section to learn something new everyday. If you have a useful tip to share with our readers, perhaps an app that you used that you found to be highly useful in your work, please drop us a line at [email protected] so we can share it with the community.
Ads by Google
Tech Tips We Shared in March 2015
iOS & Android Tips
- You can turn off SMS previews on the Home screen in iOS 8 by going to Settings -> Notifications -> Messages -> Show Previews and toggling the button to OFF.
- To use additional characters on your smartphone keyboard, long press an alphabet and select an option. For example, to type the café on your smartphone, type caf and then long press e. You then then choose e with the acute accent.
- To record videos at 60 FPS on your iPhone 6 & 6 Plus, go to Settings->Photos & Camera. In the Photos & Camera screen, scroll down to the Camera section and slide the switch to enable the Record Video at 60 FPS.
- You can select more than one currency option from your smartphone keyboard. Just long-press the $ symbol and select an option from the pop up.
- You can change the speed for double-clicking or triple-clicking the iPhone Home button by going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home-click Speed and selecting the speed from Slow to Slowest.
- To hide your phone number on Android 5.0, tap the phone/dialer app. In the Search box, tap the 3 vertical dots. Select Settings. Then tap Call settings-> Additional settings.In the next screen, select Caller ID and then select Hide number.
- To see the weather forecast in a particular city at any time, just type the name of the city along with the word forecast for instant results. For example, in the Google Search box, type Chennai forecast or Berlin forecast.
- To compare the nutritional data of various foods type Food A vs Food B in Google. Examples: type tea vs coffee, hamburger vs pizza to see the comparative nutritional data in the search results.
- You can use Google as an online timer. Just type set timer 15 min or 30 min 33 sec.
- Want a make yourself a fancy drink? Just open up your iPhone or Android device, tap the Google voice command and say "How do I make a margarita?" to get a description of the drink, a little bit of its history, followed by directions on how to put it together.
- To compose a new tweet on Twitter just press n on your keyboard. The Compose Tweet window will open up and you can add your 140 character message.
- To embed a tweet from your timeline, click the More button inside the tweet box, and from the pop up menu, select Embed Tweet. Copy the code in the next screen and paste it on your website.
- You can turn off WhatsApp's automatic saving of images and videos to your device's photo album by heading to WhatsApp's Settings menu (the cog icon at the bottom-right of the screen), selecting Chat Settings and then toggling the Save Incoming Media option to off.
- If you find your YouTube videos automatically playing the next one in the Suggestion list, here's how to disable it. At the top of the suggested videos (where you usually find your ads) click the blue Autoplay button, which is turned on by default.
- To delete a photo you uploaded on Instagram, tap the profile icon at the bottom-right of the screen. Tap the image you want to delete. Tap the three dots (…)at the bottom of the image and select Delete.
Ads by Google