If you use Gmail as your mail client, then you will find that its quite tedious to schedule email and set reminders for yourself. You could always use the services of external apps such as NudgeMail, but what if you had an extension that does the work for you. Well, that’s what Boomerang for Gmail does. It is currently in beta, with an option to pay for the services as you see fit, and is built for Firefox 3.6, 4.0 and Chrome 5.0+. In this post, learn how to schedule Gmail messages using Boomerang and get the best out of your Gmail.
How to Schedule Gmail Messages Using Boomerang
1. Navigate to the app site Click Install Boomerang.
2. Click Allow to add permissions to download the extension.
3. Click Install Now and then Restart Now.
4. Open your Gmail account.The Boomerang link will be added to the top-right corner of the screen.
5. Compose your email message, save it and then from the Send Later drop-down list, select a time to schedule the email.
It goes without saying that even if you not logged in at the time, the email will get sent at the scheduled time.
I guess there are extensions that perform the scheduling function. What Boomerang can additionally do is re-send messages to your Inbox at the specified time, which works something like a reminder service. Simply set the time in the dialog that opens up and allow access to have the email sent to your Inbox at the required time.
Boomerang is in beta right now, but will become a paid subscription later.
Boomerang has loads of great features, is expected to come out with more services and even is available for Outlook. So what are you waiting for? Try out this web app and share your views in our comments section.