This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of YapTime. All opinions are 100% mine.
Yes, you want an alert from a friend when it’s really a friend and really an alert. But what happens when it’s an ad that pretends to be an alert? Or what if it’s not an ad, but not really a totally personal tweet either?
— Seth Godin
We live in a world where people are happy to communicate by texting messages from mobile phones, or posting comments on social networking sites to inform friends and followers that they have changed their hair color.
While it is great to establish an online presence and stay connected to the world, there are always problems associated with social networking sites. How many of us have accepted requests for friendship from people we did not know just to avoid offending them? Or share status updates, photos and comments with friends we don’t wish to share with? Many times I’ll bet. People who are usually reluctant to give away personal details in a first meeting are happy to post them on social networking sites where people they have never met gain access to their personal data. Privacy issues remain a constant point of contention with cyber theft and cyber stalking starting to rear its ugly head.
If you are someone who takes these concerns seriously or one who wishes to socialize in a more meaningful way with people who matter to you, YapTime is a good place to start.
What is YapTime?
Founded by Robert Kapela in 2011, YapTime (in beta) is a site that lets you create private rooms where you can share photos and videos, plan events, and hold private conversations with groups of people you know and want to hang out with.
Ads by Google
Features of YapTime
- Create YapRooms for different groups of people such as book lovers, study groups, and family
- Create separate rooms for each group of friends such as school buddies, college mates, neighbors and more
- Communicate privately with only people you invite to a group
- Share photos & videos with only desired groups of people
- Plan events and organize activities such as reunions, parties, and luncheons using an easy-to-use event form
- Send quick invites to a YapRoom via email
- Customize room settings by adding a profile picture, a theme font and more
- Edit your profile picture by uploading one from your computer or choosing from a range of YapTime avatars
- Share videos from YouTube
How does YapTime work?
- Sign in toYapTime by entering your username, display name and password; or using your Facebook and Twitter credentials.
2. Create a YapRoom.
- Click the create your own room link.
- In the dialog box, enter a room name and description and click Create Room.
- Invite friends by entering the individual email addresses, or importing them from Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL.
- That’s it! You can now start networking with your own private group of friends.
Although YapTime is still in beta, it is a great application to share meaningful conversations with the people that count. YapTime overcomes many of the failures associated with Facebook such as unwanted ads, apps, games and friends requests, pointless news feeds, security concerns and commercialization and is a great place to relax with friends and family. So why don’t you give YapTime a try and network with people who matter in a safe and secure environment.