There may be instances when you need to export your email contacts to other applications or databases. You may also use more than one email service, for example Gmail and Outlook, and want to sync Gmail with your Outlook contacts. Whatever be the reason, one cool way to export your contacts from Outlook 2010 is to export them to a CSV file. In this Outlook tutorial, you will learn how to export contacts from Outlook 2010 to a CSV file.
How to Export Contacts from Outlook 2010 to a CSV File
1. Open Outlook 2010.
2. Select the File tab and choose Options.
3. In the Options dialog box, select Advanced.
4. In the right pane, scroll down to the Export section and click Export to display the Import and Export Wizard.
5. In the wizard, select Export to a file and click Next.
6. In the Create a file of type page, select Comma separated values (Windows) and click Next.
7. In the Select folder to export from page, select the Contacts folder you want to export from and click Next.
8. In the Save exported file as page, click Browse, choose a filename and a save location and click Next.
9. Confirm that you are exporting the correct folder (checkbox is checked) click Finish.
10. Close the Outlook Options dialog box.
Your file is now ready to be imported into other applications. Did you know that you can promote your Facebook fan page using email lists and a quick and easy way to import email lists is to export them from Outlook as a CSV file.
For more Office 2010 tutorials, Google Apps tutorials, and RockMelt tutorials, check out the respective categories on our website.
If you’d like us to write about an app, drop-us a line using our contact form.
Get the latest update in your inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get tips, tutorials, and app reviews in your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing. You will receive an email from us soon. Please confirm subscription.
Something went wrong.