Despite advances in technology and a keen awareness about health and fitness, getting on that treadmill everyday and working off the pounds is no easy task. We need to be highly disciplined or motivated to keep up our fitness routine and is easy to simply give up after a while. If you are one of those people who needs an extra dose of motivation or a good enough reason to keep exercising, you need an app that makes working out and tracking workouts a little less pushy and a lot more fun. With that in mind, here is a list of fun fitness apps you might want to try out.
Fun Fitness Apps That Motivate You to Meet Your Fitness Goals
Umadeit (Fun Fit) is a fitness app from HTC that lets you choose an avatar, connect and compete against your Facebook friends. It has an attractive widgetized dashboard where big bold numbers tell you your total workout time, how many calories you burned, how many steps you took, distance you walked as well as your walking time. The app is always On so all your activities are recorded no matter where your phone is. Sadly, the first iteration of the app is showing plenty of inaccuracies and HTC appears to have lost track of the fun factor as well.
- Adding avatars
- Competing with Facebook friends
Sworkit Lite Personal Trainer
This fitness app for lazy people is your ally on your off-days (when you can’t pull yourself away from bed or work to head to the gym). You have guided video workouts or you can create custom workouts for any length of time. The app works on a scientifically proven technique that combines interval training with random exercises to maximize the effectiveness of every workout.
Ads by Google
- Compete with friends and coworkers to win real rewards
- Guided workouts that fits into any schedule
- Plenty of short exercises to ensure you never get bored with the same routines
If you are a big Atari fan in need of some exercise, Atari Fit is the app for you. It has over 100 exercises (certified by Michael Porter, through NASM) and connects with Google Fit to receive data from wearables like Fitbit and Jawbone.
- Lets you earn points to play fun Atari games and unlock additional routines
- Lets you play with friends as a team or compete individually with players worldwide
- Participate in challenges to win Walgreens Balance Rewards points
If the lure of a healthy lifestyle isn’t enough, or the fact that you could fit into a stunning dress if you lose a few pounds isn’t helping, think of zombies. And put yourself in a sitautaion where the world or at least your family is depending on you to save them from the hordes of zombies who are coming to get you and your family. Now RUN! 800,000 players worldwide think that this is a cool concept for a workout. The app offers an interesting storyline which unfolds (in between your music tracks) as dynamic radio messages and voice recordings.
- Puts you in a virtual gaming environment to exercise
- Uses the fear of zombies to get you to run
- Combines storyline with your own music tracks
- Lures you to exercise with structured training, audio instructions and gripping missions
Burn your fat with me!!
If zombies are not your idea of a reason to workout, how about a sexy Japanese anime character to be your workout buddy. At its heart, the app is a visual novel game where you advance through the storyline by completing certain fitness goals.
- Building a relationship with Japanese anime Mayu Uehara
- Work out in real time to the cheers and sighs of Mayu
- Lure of getting closer with Mayu as you get to the more advanced stages of the game
BeatBurn Treadmill/Outdoor Trainer
This app for iPhone and iPod analyzes the beats-per-minute of your music and picks the best songs that matches the intensity of your workouts. After all, music is the best motivational factor in the world.
- Uses music beats to keep you in sync with your routines
- Comes with its own set of 24 high energy music tracks
- Voice guidance to complete workouts
- Mixes workout intensity to keep things fun, exciting and challenging
Pact: Earn Cash for Exercising
When money’s on the line, fitness will matter! This is a bit of a drastic step for anyone who finds the best of fitness apps de-motivational. If earning cash is motivational then make a weekly pack to achieve a specific goal and then pay other pact members when you don’t reach your goal. You can make a pact to eat your veggies, commit yourself to exercise some more, or commit to tracking what you eat and have all of them verified by the community. Connects with RunKeeper, Fitbit, Jawbone Up, MapMyRun, MyFitnessPal and more.
- Make a pack with community members
- Lose a pack and pay out
- Earn money if others in your pact fail in their pact
Everyone listens to music while exercising but with the Spring app you can turn your running into dancing. That's because the app creates a playlist of songs from its 35000+ collection to keep you grooving and moving during your workout. The music ranges from fast to slow intensity beats to synchronize your movement to the music. You can rate the songs, change its tempo and design your custom interval program according to the music.
- You'll enjoy listening to the cool playlists
- Music takes the center stage in this app so before you know it your exercise routine for the day is done!
CarrotFit houses a cheeky A.I. CARROT whose only goal is to turn you from a shabby fat cat into a perfect specimen of a human being. There’s plenty of humor and shaming involved as CARROT takes you through a workout routine that includes, time traveling, escaping ostrich attacks and punching Justin Bieber in the face! After the routine, you can track your weight in the tracker and see how your fitness goals are working out. She’ll give you a lot of great feedback if you meet your goals and shame you if you lag behind. Overall, you’ll enjoy her company and disciple and lose some weight while you’re at it.
- The A.I CARROT gives you good company while you workout
- The humor filled interactions keep you wanting to impress and excel
- Has some never been heard before workout routines like the Dragon Mating Dances
BattleSuit Runner Fitness
If the thought of being in a choose your own adventure game excites you, why not make it part of your exercise routine. This cool app is part sci-fi game part GPS fitness trainer letting you select your workout time and music playlist to walk jog and run to create your galactic storyline based on your speed. The success of each mission depends on how you can slow down speed up and sprint and at the end of the mission you get to use resources you collected in the story to upgrade your Battlesuit capabilities. It’s a fun way to stay motivated to exercise.
- Workout by completing missions in a sci-fi adventure
- Makes you feel like a superhero and pushes you to work harder to accomplish missions
Ads by Google