Just as you can export contact information from Outlook 2010 to a file, you can also import contact data saved in an Excel file to your Contacts folder in Outlook 2010 without too much trouble. In this Outlook 2010 tutorial, you will learn how to import contacts from Excel to your Outlook Contacts folder.
How to Import Contacts from Excel to Outlook 2010 Contacts
1. Select the File tab and choose Open.
2. In the right pane, click Import.
3. In the Import and Export wizard, select Import from another program or file and click Next.
4. In the Import a File dialog box, select Microsoft Excel 97-2003 and click Next.
5. In the File to import section, click Browse, navigate to the location with the Excel sheet and select the file that you want to import.
6. If necessary, in the Options section, select an option to add, remove, or replace duplicate email addresses.
7. Click Next.
8. In the Select destination folder list box, select the contacts folder in which you want to import the contacts and click Next.
9. Verify that you are importing the correct data and click Finish.
In this tutorial, you learned how to import contacts from Excel to Outlook 2010. Importing contact information from Excel to Outlook 2010 will enable you to sync the data between different applications easily.