Whether you buy a PC, a tablet, a smartphone, or even a new house, you definitely want to make some changes and customize it to suit your preference. If you own an iPhone, there are certainly many ways in which you can customize it. Here are 5 tips to customize the iPhone 4 Home screen and set it up to suit your personal preferences.
5 Tips to Customize the iPhone 4 Home Screen
Tip 1: Rearrange icons on the Home screen
You can change the appearance of the icons on the iPhone Home screen including the icons in the Dock by rearranging them on multiple Home screens. To rearrange icons on the Home screen:
1. Touch and hold any icon on the Home screen until it jiggles.
2. Drag the icons to the left or right side of the screen to arrange them in multiple screens.
3. Press the Home button to save the changes.
Tip 2: Organize apps by grouping them in folders
Read more about how to group apps in folders in my previous post Create Folders in Your iPhone 4 Home Screen.
Tip 3: Add links to your favorite webpages on the Home screen
1. Open the webpage and tap the icon at the bottom left of the screen.
2. Tap Add to Home Screen.
Tip 4: Create additional Home screens
You can create up to 11 Home screens on your iPhone 4. To know how many Home screens you currently have on your iPhone, count the number of dots that are above the Dock. To add or remove Home screens:
1. Tap Settings-> General-> Reset.
Resetting the Home screen removes any folders you’ve created and applies the default
wallpaper to your Home screen, so make sure you really want to reset the Home screen before you proceed with the above step.
Tip 5: Add a Wallpaper
You can set an image or photo as a wallpaper for your iPhone lock screen as well as for the Home screen. You can select the image or picture from the Camera Roll, or you can sync the image or photo from your computer. To add a wallpaper:
1. Tap Settings->Wallpaper.
2. Tap the image of the Lock or Home screens, then tap Wallpaper or an album.
3. Tap an image or photo. If you choose a photo, drag to position it and pinch to zoom in or out, until it looks the way you want.
4. Tap Set, then choose the respective option to set the photo as wallpaper for your Lock Screen, Home screen, or both.
Check out Free Wallpapers and Backgrounds for Your iPhone for free iPhone wallpapers.
These are just a few cool ways to customize your iPhone Home screen. Do you know of other ways to customize the iPhone Home screen. Share it with us.