When you’re on the go, its easy to access cloud applications such as Dropbox and One Drive, where you most likely have all your important files and data stored. But there may be times when you need to access your desktop as well. In such cases, a handy extension called Chrome Remote Desktop makes it possible. You need to have the extension installed on all the PCs that you want to access remotely and once that’s done, the rest of the setup is easy. You can access from one PC to another too, but in this article, I’ll show you how to access PC remotely from your Android.
RELATED READING: Connect PC to iPhone Using Chrome Remote Desktop
Access PC Remotely Using Chrome Remote Desktop
2. Once the extension is installed, the Apps page will be displayed. If it isn’t just click on the Apps button at the top left corner of the Chrome window. Then click Chrome Remote Desktop.
3. An Authorize message box will pop up requesting you permission to access your computer. Click Continue and in the next screen click Accept.
4. In the next screen, you will see two options. Remote Assistance for remote tech support and My Computers to access your own computer from anywhere. You obviously want to use the second option, so click Get started under the My Computers section.
5. If you have enabled the extension on just the one PC, you’ll only see the one PC on your screen, but if you have enabled the extension on other PCs, you’ll see all of them displayed. Now click Enable remote connections.
6. Chrome will now display a message that it is downloading an installer (Chrome Remote Desktop Host installer). When the download is complete, run the installer. Click Ok to close the message box.
Ads by Google
7. You will now see another window that asks you to create a PIN number of at least six digits to access this particular PC. Enter the PIN number, retype it again and click OK.
8. In the next window, enter your PIN number in the specified text box to confirm the settings and click OK.
You will be notified that remote connections for the PC has been enabled. You will need to change your Power Plan to ensure that your PC doesn’t fall asleep when idle. Click Ok to close the message box.
Access Your PC Remotely from Your Android
Now that you have set up the necessary access on your PC, its time to head over to the Play Store on your Android device and install the Chrome Remote Desktop App on your device.
Once its installed, open up the app, select the PC you want to access remotely, enter your PIN number, and you’re in. Navigating your desktop on your Android is really a breeze but you do have to use the mouse pointer to find your way around your remote system.
Overall. my experience with remote access was a trouble free affair and you shouldn’t have any problems should you decide to go for it either. When you are done using the PC, just tap the menu bar at the top-right of your Android and click Disconnect.
Chrome Remote Desktop is a free and reliable way to access your PC or PCs remotely so do give it a try if you ever have need for it.
Ads by Google