OneNote is an awesome tool that lets you takes notes, save them on the cloud, (OneNote Web App), and access and share them any time, anywhere. If you use Microsoft OneNote for a lot of your projects, you should ensure that the data is not lost due to a hard drive crash or for any other reason. One of the best ways to do that is to make a OneNote backup and in this tutorial, I’ll take you through the steps on how to backup OneNote 2010 files securely.
In case you are not aware, one of the cool features about Microsoft OneNote is that you don’t have to save your data every time to add new information as it happens automatically as you type. So what happens to the data that is entered into your notebook?
Simples. It gets saved in a specific location on your computer. You can change the location of the backup folder to another location, if you wish to do so.
How to Backup OneNote 2010 Files
To Change the Location of the Default Backup Folder:
1. Launch OneNote.
2. On the File tab, select Options.
3. In the OneNote Options dialog box, select the Save & Backup tab.
4. In the Save section, notice the default location of the backup folder. Click Backup Folder and then click Modify. Alternatively, you can double-click Backup Folder.
5. In the Select Folder dialog box, navigate to the location where you want your backup to be stored. Ideally, storing your backup in another location on your PC may not be a smart thing to do, because if your hard drive crashes, you risk the possibility of losing all your data. You could backup your data to the cloud, for instance on Dropbox, or to Windows Live SkyDrive.
6. Once you select the desired folder option, click Select.
7. In the Backup section, in the Number of backup copies to keep spin box, change the number to 5. This is just a precaution in case you lose your notes, you can go back to the previous versions of the notebook.
8. Click OK to close the OneNote Options dialog box.
That’s it. Your OneNote files are now backed up in a location of your choice.
Follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook fan page to get the latest tutorials, updates and how-to articles on Microsoft, Google and Apple products.
crystal paperweights says
The post is very informative and useful for me.Thanks for sharing the post..