Yahoo Mail was one of the most popular email web clients in the late nineties and although the company has seen its share of dips recently, the webmail service continues to remain as popular as ever. Yahoo recently rolled out a new design for its mail service along with some major feature updates. One such improvement is the extension of POP3 and IMAP support for all Yahoo users, including free ones. So, if you’ve got a free Yahoo Mail account but mostly use Outlook for all your emailing requirements, you can now configure Yahoo Mail on Outlook. In this post, I’ll show you how.
How to View Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2010
To view Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2010:
1. Open up Outlook 2010. Select the File tab and choose Add Account.
2. In the Add New Account window, choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
3. In the next screen, select Internet E-Mail and click Next.
4. In the next screen, enter the following details:
- Your name
- Your Yahoo Email address. If your email ID is yahoo.co.uk/yahoo.co.in, then input that information accordingly.
- Account Type: POP3
- Incoming mail Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (this will be yahoo.co.in or yahoo.co.uk respectively)
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com(this will be yahoo.co.in or yahoo.co.uk respectively)
- Username: Enter your full Yahoo Mail address.
- Password: Enter your Yahoo password. Also check the Remember password checkbox.
5. Then click More Settings. In the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, select the Outgoing Server tab and check the My outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication. Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
Navigate to the Advanced tab and in the Incoming server box, type 995. In the Outgoing server box type 465 and click OK. Click Next.
The Test Account Settings pop-up will now run and confirm your account settings.
Downloadable: PDF Copy
Now that you know how to configure Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2010, go ahead and set it up so you can check all your Yahoo Mail right from within Outlook 2010.