Microsoft OneNote 2010 is a cool digital notebook that makes recording your content fun. It’s a great way to save and share content related to a specific topic with other users. What’s even better is that it comes as part of the Office 2010 Suite and with its own Web App, and Android and iOS apps too making it ideal for using while on the go. This tutorial is for beginners who want to get started with OneNote 2010 and in this post, I’ll show you how to create a notebook in Microsoft OneNote 2010.
Before I go ahead and show you how its done, you can take a look at some of the cool things you can do with OneNote 2010.
How to Create a Notebook in Microsoft OneNote 2010
1. Launch Microsoft OneNote 2010.
2. On the File tab, select New.
3. In the Store Notebook On section, select My Computer.
4. In the Name text box, enter a name for your notebook.
5. Click Create Notebook.
You have just created your first notebook. You will notice that the notebook name is displayed to the left of the notebook and the newly created notebook has a default section, which is displayed at the top of the notebook in the form of a tab. You can add add more sections to your notebook.
Ads by Google
How to Add a Section to OneNote
1. Click the tab with the star next to the New Section tab. A new tab is now added to the right of the existing tab.
2. You now need to name your tab. Right-click the Section tab and choose Rename. Then type a name for the new section. Alternatively, you can simple double-click the tab name and start typing a new name.
Now that your sections are ready, you can start putting your content. You need to have pages to place your content in.
How to Add a Page to a OneNote Section
1. In the right pane, click New Page.
2. At the top of the page, enter the title of the page. The right column is automatically updated with the new page name.
Your OneNote is finally set up. You can now start adding your content. Find out more about how to add content in the next post.