If you are reading this post, chances are, you have probably encountered the “metaWeblog.newMediaObject method received from the weblog server was invalid – Invalid Response Document Returned From XmlRpc Server” error in Windows Live Writer when publishing your blog post. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to fix the Invalid Server Response error in Windows Live Writer. The error arises due to the fact that you have too many images in your post, or the size of the images are too heavy. A quick way to fix this is to follow the next few steps.
How to Fix the Invalid Server Response Error in Windows Live Writer
Before you get started, keep your FTP username and password ready.
1. Launch Windows Live Writer.
2. From the Live Writer menu, choose Options.
3. In the Options dialog box, select the Accounts tab.
4. Select your blog and click Edit.
5. In the Blog Options dialog box, select the Pictures tab.
6. Then select FTP site and click Change FTP settings.
Ads by Google
7. In the FTP Settings dialog box, enter your FTP username and password.
8. Click the button in the Path of the publishing folder field.
9. In the Browse for Folder dialog box, navigate to your directory to/ wp-content/uploads/images. If you don’t have a folder called Images, you can create one using the New Folder button at the top right corner of the dialog box. Select the Images folder and click OK.
10. In the FTP Settings dialog box, in the Web address of the publishing folder text box, enter the URL, which should look something like the one given in this image.
11. Click OK twice to close the Blog Options and the Options dialog boxes.
Now head over to the post that wasn’t publishing properly, and republish the post. You may have to confirm the FTP password again and you will not see the error message again.
Ads by Google