High intensity interval training (HIIT) is an exercise strategy that alternates between short periods of intensive exercise with less intensive periods. Tabata is one of the most popular high intensity interval training methods that is followed today. If you are someone who is into this method of training, you’ll need a tool to track your exercises and schedule. This is where the Tabata HIIT. Interval Training app comes in handy.
Tabata HIIT App Review
Tabata HIIT training involves a hard workout for about 20 seconds with a small 10 second break in between. It involves a mixture of cross fit and circuit training and runs for about 8 rounds. The advantage of this type of exercise is that it is a quick, giving good results in very little time.
The interface is pretty simple letting users choose standard, already setup workouts or create their own workouts. Based on the information a user inputs, the app calculates the amount of calories the user can burn. There are options to set up themes and change cover pictures to keep the users motivated and to help them personalize the app.
Once the app is installed and opened, the user is taken to a screen where they have the option to choose the training plan. The Standard tab features abs workouts, butt and thigh, lower body, upper body, and fat burning. Users can create their own training plans in the “Own” tab. The user can enter their height and weight in order for the app to calculate how many calories they will be burning based on the workouts in the schedule.
Ads by Google
The Workout section lets you instantly start working out on one of the already set up training plans. The Statistics section just below this helps a user have a look at the detailed statistics of their workouts, schedules and calories burnt.
The Schedule section allows users to set up their schedules for each day of the week and the Workout Routine section shows a list of the workouts the user has on the list. Based on user comfort, more exercises can be added to this list.
Key Features of Tabata HIIT Interval Training App
- Very simple to use, faster, smoother transitions between tabs and a friendly user interface
- You can create your own Tabata workout plan by adding a title and adding workouts underneath
- A calories counter that calculates the number of calories burnt with a particular workout routine is a plus point
- Gym timer helps you keep track of the workout and break times
- Reminders alert you of each day’s workout so that you do not miss out on them for any reason
- You can personalize the app with various themes and favorite exercises
- This app syncs with Google Fit.
- Back up workout progress via Google Drive
- Helps you to link the app with Sportsman PRO
- Different music for workout and rest
- You can pause in between exercises if required
- A lot of exercises to choose from including bicycle, bridges, lunges, crunches, mountain climber, push-ups, kickbacks, etc.
The only thing that I thought would be an added advantage is the Dos and Don’ts while doing the Tabata. It will be nice to see instructions on disciplines a user needs to follow such as on diet, calorie intake and amount of sleep required.
Ads by Google