Development of Windows 8 Operating System (OS) started before its predecessor was official released. This OS has been through three preview stages; the developer preview, consumer preview and the releases preview. The Release To Manufacturing (RTM) stage marks the last stage before the OS is made available to general public. It is in this stage that the OS is tested by its creators. Microsoft has worked hard to fix issues with Windows 8 before its launch. The post RTM is available to enterprise users and also to (Microsoft Developer Network) (MSDN) subscribers per se. Windows 8 will be made available to general public on October, 26th, 2012. Meanwhile, Microsoft has conducted a massive update for Windows 8.
Massive Update for Windows 8
Microsoft has launched its massive Windows 8 client and Windows Server 2012 General Availability Cumulative Update. As per this update for Windows 8, the OS will see a lot of overall performance and reliability improvements. The company has made this Windows 8 update available to all its MSDN subscribers and its enterprise users. Microsoft strongly recommends that users incorporate this as part of their regular maintenance routine.
Information on this update
Microsoft is working hard to make Windows 8 one of the best OS it has released. The Patch Tuesday routine continues in Microsoft. Per this routine, the company launches a host of updates on the first Tuesday of every month. These set of updates have been termed as post RTM updates by Microsoft.
How to install Microsoft update for Windows 8
To install this update, you need to be running on the Windows 8 platform. You must select the option that reads automatically install this update. This option is found in the Settings of the Windows Update. Selecting this option will automatically install this update. To install this update, your computer must be running on Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or a later version of it. You can also visit the Microsoft Development Center. Search the KB2756872 to obtain information of how to install this update.
Ads by Google
If you are working on a different web browser, don’t worry, you can still go ahead and install this update. You need to update your PC with the latest security and critical updates. Automatic Updates option can be turned on with the following these steps
- You must hit the Start Menu. From there go to Control Panel.
- You can use the Classic View or the Category View of Windows. You must go to Systems. Then click on Automatic Update tab. Ensure that the tab is turned On.
- If you have Windows running on another view, hit the Performance and Maintenance button. Then go to Systems and hit the Automatic Update option. Make sure that it is turned on.
How this update will improve Windows 8
Microsoft has promised many improvements to Windows 8, thanks to the RTM patch updates. They improvements have been listed
- This update promises to enhance the overall performance of Windows 8 applications and the Start screen.
- The audio and video playback has seen a huge improvement under many circumstances.
- Power efficiency has increased. This automatically improves battery life of the respective device.
- Driver compatibility has also greatly improved.
When you install the update for Windows 8, you must restart your computer. The general public will have to wait until Windows 8 is made available to them.
Author Bio: Patrick Hudson likes writing articles related to Technology News, Gadget Reviews and How To. He also does guest posting for buycharter.com – a site that offers savings and current information on charter cable, as well as charter.com services .
Ads by Google